Golf Day – September 2013 Report
On Friday 27th September 2013 over 50 players turned up at Pidley Golf Club at 8am for the inaugural bacon rolls before a shot gun start at 9am organised by Vic Moseley. The weather was very kind and no-one came away injured or from what we understand lost anything a part maybe a few balls!
This was the second golf day of 2013 organised by Vic Moseley and again it was another success. Vic spoke to the website shortly after the event “There are quite a few thank you’s that I would like to mention:
- Mitsa for providing yet another excellent trophy
- The 14 sponsors as shown on the programme and Paul Reason for his individual contribution.
- Tim Egan & Georgie’s wife for producing the programme.
- Dave Milburn in the Pro Shop for putting out the sponsors markers first thing
- Wozza for sorting out the cards
- Simon Clark & Sheldon Francis for organising the raffle
- Tracy Small for the food back at the club.
Here is a breakdown of the winners for the day:
Ist Place Shelly’s Shufflers 19 under (won on count back)
2nd Place Tracys Boys 19 under
(Last team finished on a score of 13 under)
6 Footers net score of 19 won on countback
(6 other teams had a net score of 19)
Hole 2 Orientrose Bandits (sponsored by Sombrero Hats)
Hole 3 Mozza
Hole 5 Giff
Hole 6 Pete Chapman
Hole 8 Uncle Dickie
Hole 9 Webbo
Hole 10 Coulse
Hole 12 Stapsy
Hole14 Dave Claridge
Hole 15 Colin Stokes
Hole 16 Grimble
Hole 18 Kevin the Yid
The Board of Directors would like to place on record a note of thanks to Vic Moseley once again for organising a fantastic golf day and for helping to raise funds for the football club too. We would also like to thank the players, sponsors and everyone else who helped make this day possible. We are already looking forward to 2014!