The U13s are the sole winners for our Sunday sides
The Ladies 1st Team didn’t play this weekend and drop to 3rd in the table, but have games in hand over the 2 teams above them in the league table.
- Sun 11 Feb – Peterborough ICA Sports Women’s (H) – Cambs Women’s Premiership
- Sun 18 Feb – March Town United Ladies (A) – Cambs FA Women’s Invitation Cup
It was a game of 2 halves for the Ladies Development team. They were 3-0 up at halftime against current table leaders Fulbourn Institute. The Bluebirds however rallied in the second half to come away 4-3 winners.
- Sun 11 Feb – Isleham United (H) – Cambs Women’s Championship South
- Sun 18 Feb – Wisbech Town (H) – Cambs FA Women’s Junior Invitation Cup
The U15’s lost 4-1 at Haverhill Rovers with Ben Smith scoring the Ives goal.
Manager Paul Everest had the following to say –
Well done to Haverhill Rovers who were deserved winners today in the EJA League. Best of luck for the rest of your season. For the Ives we re-group and move on to Leiston FC at home next week.
- Sun 11 Feb – Leiston (H) – EJA U15 Yellow Division
- Sun 18 Feb – Bury Town (H) – EJA U15 Yellow Division
The U14’s also lost 4-1 at home to Haverhill Rovers
- Sun 11 Feb – Newmarket Town (A) – EJA U14 Green Division
- Sun 18 Feb – Walsham Le Willows (A) – EJA U14 Green Division
The U13’s were 2-0 winners at Littleport in the Cambs & District U13A division.
Manager Jay Annis has provided the below match report –
We started really fast today to try and catch Littleport cold but nothing materialized, five or six real chances to put the ball in the back of the net in the first ten minutes. So Littleport started slowly retreating towards their box giving us more time to pick a pass.
Littleport were defending like lions and had a few chances on the break, but finally from play from the back we managed to get Gino in behind to score in the 34 minute. Thankfully half time came and we could re-organise and focus on what we could do in the second half. Again Littleport had everyone behind the ball and making it very hard for us to get the second that would kill the game. We carried on threading the ball through and making chances with no end product. And you could sense that Littleport might get something on the break.
But with a minute to go the ball was threaded through to Harry who shot hit the keeper for it to rebound and Gino to stick the ball in the net.
This was a difficult game the boys had to be patient to today and had to stay focused in their job role a great performance by the team and more pleasing having our goalkeeper (Luis) back after four weeks and a clean sheet made the result more pleasing. Also to Harvey D back in the squad after being away with illness gave us another dimension to the team .
Goal scorer – Gino Giove 2
Man of the match – Luke Dunn. Great work rate and determination to help the team.
- Sun 25 Feb – West Wratting Youth (A) – Cambs & District Colts League U13A Division
- Sun 4 March – Panthers (A) – Cambs & District Colts League U13A Division