Challenge a Posh first team player with brand new Mick George competition
Peterborough United sponsors Mick George are giving one lucky fan the chance to compete against a Posh first team player in the Mick George ‘Challenge A Pro’ competition. The event will take place at the Mick George Training Academy on the afternoon of the 28th July and the lucky fan will go head to head with Peterborough United 1st Team star Harry Beautyman over 10 different and exciting challenges including:
- Closest to bullseye
- Question of sport
- The McVitie’s cracker challenge
- Table tennis
- Any many more
Entering the competition* is simple, please send a selfie (Photo) wearing your brand new Posh home kit and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it via twitter to @mickgeorgeltd. The competition is only open to fans over the age of 16 and the lucky winner will be picked in a random draw at 5pm on Friday 24th July.
The Mick George ‘Challenge A Pro’ competition will be filmed and each month during the season Posh supporters will get the opportunity to win prizes by guessing the correct winner of each of the ten challenges.
Jon Stump, Finance Director at Mick George said: “Our involvement at the club has extended this season as we are now the official sponsors of the Peterborough United FC Training Ground, now known as the Mick George Training Academy, which is home to all of the club’s representative sides from Dave Robertson’s 1st Team down to the Academy U9s.
“It’s not everyday that you get the chance to compete with a professional footballer and our ‘Challenge A Pro’ competition will give one lucky fan the opportunity to go behind the scenes at the Mick George Training Academy and compete with a Posh first team player in “head to head “ challenges. We’ve put a lot of thought into the various challenges which will test a different range of skills and techniques. The talk around the training academy is that Harry is not taking any chances with this and is putting the extra hours in to make sure he is ready for the competition.”
*Terms and conditions apply. The winner will be picked on 24th July 2015 at 5pm and the competition will take place on the afternoon of the 28th July. Competition is only open to fans over the age of 16.
About Mick George:
- Mick George started out with just one tipper truck in 1978 and has grown to become one of the leading suppliers to the construction industry in East Anglia and the East Midlands with a commercial fleet size in excess of 230 HGV vehicles.
- They specialise in bulk excavation, demolition & earthmoving services, ready mixed concrete, a wide range of skip hire and waste management services including trade waste services and aggregate supply.
- Mick George has an extensive network of operating sites across the region including quarries, landfill, transfer stations, concrete batching plants, state-of-the-art recycling centres and soil washing facilities.
- They have recently launched a brand new Commercial Waste service for businesses across East Anglia and the East Midlands.
- The rapid growth of Mick George over the years has led to the creation of 100’s of new jobs within the local area, and Mick George Ltd now employs over 550 staff.
- The business growth of Mick George has been recognised with a number of awards, including winning the 2015 Cambridge Business Award for Growth and being ranked in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 league table in 2015.
- One of the company’s main priorities is support within the local community. Mick George is heavily involved in sponsorship of both small local sports club, such as St Ives F.C and Park Farm Pumas, as well as much larger sports clubs like Peterborough United and Cambridge United. The company prioritises involvement in local events, environment and charities, most recently announcing its intention to raise £50,000 for Sue Ryder Thorpe Hall Hospice, which it has already accomplished.
- For further information, please visit: http://www.mickgeorge.co.uk